MICA Hosts Policy Workshop By Mr. Jay Panda, Member Of Parliament
MICA Incubator hosted a policy workshop in association with Mr. Baijayant Jay Panda, MP (Lok Sabha) Kendrapara, Odhisa, to increase outreach and engagement with the youth on the 6th of September 2015 at our MICA campus .
The workshop covered the following :
- The working of a political office and opportunities in the field of public policy.
- The workshop aims to provide a platform to citizens to develop an understanding of important policy issues,
- The role of a Member of Parliament,
The workshop covered the following sessions:
- Understanding Governance Better: Our Constitutional Structure by Rohit Sinha, Policy Team Lead, Office of Mr. Panda.
- Distribution of Powers; Checks & Balances
- Centre, States & the Panchayati Raj
- Policy Making, The MP& Parliament by Iravati Damle, Consultant, National Institute of Public Finance & Policy
- Tools to engage in Parliament; holding government accountable; driving reforms.
- Increasing citizens’ engagement with their political representatives.
- The MP and his People by Yashita Jhurani, Associate, Interel Consulting
- Nature of work and engagement in the constituency
- Monitoring and review of projects and schemes; MPLADS
- Tapping government & private initiatives
- Public Policy- Challenges & Opportunities by Iravati Damle, Consultant, National Institute of Public Finance & Policy
- Approaches to Public Policy
- Opportunities in the field of policy
- Important Institutional & Systematic Reforms by Mr. Jay Panda, MP
- Federalism: Distribution of Powers & Resources
- Electoral Reforms
- Parliamentary Reforms
- Judicial Reforms
The workshop also had a guest lecture by Mr. Nikhil Dey, Social Activist, discussing the transparency in Government